The price of the certification is made up of an annual subscription to the scheme that is based on the number of products tested. This subscription covers the initial assessment, retesting, spot checks, auditing facilities where relevant, and listing on the registry of certified products for which opportunities are sought. After the first year of certification annual licence fees fall due. License fees cover use of the Sugarwise logo on packaging, and represent a very small portion of the sales uplift brands typically enjoy on using the Sugarwise logo. For logo bearing products license fees also cover promotions, public relations linked to both the products and the certification, and provide incentive for Sugarwise to get listings for certified products and increase their availability visibility and demand1
ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FOR SUGARWISE CERTIFICATION
The subscription dues are as follows:
|Number of products subscribed2||Annual subscription per product|
The annual subscription is per product, so that 5 products would be subscribed at £5625 (5 x £1125). After the first year annual license fees fall due based on net purchase value of certified goods.
|Net Sales of Certified Products||Band||Annual Sugarwise Licence Fee|
|Up to £100,000||A||
|£100,000 – £5,000,000||B||
0.34% (Net Sales x 0.0034)
|£5,000,000 – £10,000,000||C||
0.32% (Net Sales x 0.0032)
|£10,000,000 – £20,000,000||D||
0.26% (Net Sales x 0.0026)
|£20,000,000 – £40,000,000||E||
0.18% (Net Sales x 0.0018)
|£40,000,000 – £80,000,000||F||
0.12% (Net Sales x 0.0012)
|£80,000,000 – £160,000,000||G||
0.08% (Net Sales x 0.0008)
0.04% (Net Sales x 0.0004)
1 The subscription fees are for each certified product to cover the cost of test administration and maintenance of the certification/s. In following years, a licence fee will also be charged, and will cover the cost of Sugarwise’s promotion and PR efforts. These prices are excluding VAT.
2 Different SKU’s of the same product do not need to be tested individually. To limit testing costs, we will ask you to send three each of each of your available SKU’s of which we will test one (at our discretion). Spot checks may be undertaken of any SKUs. Different flavours are considered different products and are tested separately.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice.
- Initial product assessment
- Retesting including spot checks to ensure the integrity of the scheme and reassure the public
- Independent certification of the sugar, calorie and carbohydrate claims made by a manufacturer
- Auditing facilities where relevant
- For ingredients Sugarwise certification makes it easier for manufacturers to obtain the certification when they use certified ingredients, this makes the ingredient more desirable for manufacturers
- Listing on register of certified ingredients and products for which opportunities are sought.
- Statement of free sugars and certified claims
- Licence to use the Sugarwise marque on packaging, on website and in marketing materials
- Sales uplift by appealing to increasing numbers of sugar conscious consumer
- Promotions and public relations activities linked to both the products and the certification
- Opportunities for introductions and listings