Through our wellness seminars and chef training we provide guidance on how your business can provide alternatives to higher sugar food and drink in an easy and effective way to staff, customers, and students. Our seminar is fun and includes a lively demonstration.
Clients who have successfully benefited from Sugarwise wellbeing seminars include:
We provide training for culinary staff in schools, restaurants and other catering establishments on ways to cut the amount of sugar in the food and drink they are offering and install healthy vending machines.
Speaking and the Media
Subject to availability for speaking engagements and media requests are Cambridge University Scientist and first Chief Scientist of Sugarwise Vinicius Ferreira, Sugars and Carbohydrates Specialist Dr Tom Simmons, Sugarwise Dentist James Goolnik, Sugarwise Roadshow Chef Barbara Fernandez from New York and the Founder, mother of one, Rend Platings.
We really believe in what we are doing and are quite friendly so do get in touch if you’d like our input on anything. Best to contact Rend in the first instance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to hear from you if you’d like to support others in getting Sugarwise through either a wellbeing seminar or contacting us for speaking engagements or events just get in touch
Rend Platings Upcoming:
- July 8-10 Allergy and Free From Show – London Olympia (35K visitors, 400 stands), they’ve added a new No Added Zone in partnership with Sugarwise and Action on Sugar
- September 13th – Westminster Food & Nutrition Forum Keynote Seminar: Priorities for food labelling policy – Speaking as Sugarwise Founder on Labelling
- September 22nd – Royal Society of Medicine – Sugar Reduction Summit -Speaking as Founder of Sugarwise
- October 5-7 2016 – Madrid – Reimagine Food – Food &Tech Track at South Summit Speaking as Founder of Sugarwise
- November – Food Matters Live 22nd – 23rd November – London ExCel Speaking as Founder of Sugarwise (tbc). They’ve added a new Sugarwise zone at the event.
James Goolnik is one of the brightest lights in dentistry today
James Goolnik Upcoming:
- 26th May 2016 – How to legally and ethically offer your patients whiter teeth. 3pm at the British Dental Conference & Exhibition, Exchange Hall, Manchester.
- 9th September 2016 – Gloucestershire Independent Dentists & Hygienists:www.gid.org.uk.
Barbara Fernandez Upcoming:
17-18 September 2016: Cambridge Food and Garden Produce Show
22nd October 2016: VegFest London
27th November 2016: Cambridge Vegan Fair
- Get ahead of the curve intelligence on Sugarwise and breaking news
- Release new stories before, or at least alongside other outlets
- Talk to us about exclusive content that speaks to the hearts of your readers or viewers
- Quotes and appearances on any stories linked to sugar and labelling
- Free snacks, the media hamper alone makes it worth getting in touch!
The amount of sugar we consume is becoming a legitimate concern to many people and is a growing issue in our food today, both nationally and internationally. The World Health Organisation recommends that added sugars should be less than 5% of our daily calorie intake. Sugarwise wants to enable people to tackle their problem with sugar and give them alternatives that have less sugar included.
Help us promote initiatives and campaigns for better school standards on sugar and providing more free from added sugars options in eating places. We give incentives, advice and recommendations to manufacturers to start producing products with less sugar so that we can have more options in the market.
By promoting our cause we will help you by promoting your company to retailers, manufacturers and to hospitality sectors we currently work with and those we partner with in the future. If you are interested in becoming a media partner please get in contact.