Join the Sugarwise Network and Demonstrate your Commitment to Better Manufactured, Prepared and Served Food…
The membership of Sugarwise is a network dedicated to improving the prepared food environment in the interests of public health
Sugarwise is a network and membership open to a wide array of stakeholders, including national level, pan continent and international organisations. Member organisations must support the general aims and work of the alliance, that include:
- Encouraging increased availability of prepared food and drink options low in free sugars
- Increasing demand for those options through their clear labeling and certification
- By ensuring like-for-like swaps are available, empowering consumers to make decisions that are supportive of public health
Seven Reasons to Join Sugarwise
Also, don’t miss out on…
1. Information: Be at the leading edge of new developments in sugar and calorie reduction
- News about what one another and Sugarwise are doing, in the form of a summary of current activities by the membership and relevant policy issues potentially from within their governments, across Europe, within the manufactured food industry and anywhere else;
- Further information about any of the projects or campaigns that you can opt to join
- Inclusion in reports distributed to other members and organisations committed to health
2. Network building: Do not miss a seat at the table when it comes to discussions that could be game changing for your organisation
Sugarwise encourage organisations to work together to increase their individual and combined strength and effectiveness by:
- Gathering support for their own work. This may be achieved by circulating materials via Sugarwise in member digests;
- Convening special meetings and co-ordinating responses to policy makers and others on issues of particular concern.
3. Representation: Do not miss the opportunity to have a say on policy
By consulting with the membership, Sugarwise amplify our common voice, representing the public interest to policy makers in government and elsewhere on improving manufactured and prepared food.
4. Policy and Projects: Input into the development of better health
The Sugarwise Network develops rational and progressive policies to improve the prepared, convenient and manufactured food environment, in order to achieve a pragmatic reduction in the incidence of obesity and type II diabetes globally. Working parties of the alliance and other experts devise to develop policies and projects in particular areas of common concern. These are our current campaigns.
5. Leverage the certification signage to clarify messaging on free sugars
Sugarwise is the international certification authority for sugar claims in food and drink.
Explaining free sugars to consumers is difficult. Distinguishing from free sugars and intrinsic sugars is something we all struggle to communicate to our audiences. Now that Sugarwise enables an effective method for independently determining free sugars, it has become possible to present this information in a robust and reliable way. The SUGARWISE certification provides an easy way to highlight food, drink, food service and recipes low in free sugars.
Membership of the Network
There are several categories of membership at Sugarwise:
- Producer Membership – Open to manufacturers, retailers and food service
- Membership – Open to supportive organisations to the manufactured food industry
- Media Partnership – For media, charities (obesity, diabetes and sugar reduction related), and food and drink associations that may be nation specific, pan continent or international
- Founder Membership – For trusted, ethical, global brands – Limited to 12 in perpetuity
- Lead Membership – For trusted brands (may be national) – Limited to 20 in perpetuity
- Supporting Membership – For trusted brands (may be national) – Limited to 50 in perpetuity
Benefits: All Membership Classes
- Demonstrate Commitment to opening up options lower in free sugars, referencing WHO definitions and guidelines.
- Governmental and Consumer Influence. This includes liaising with representatives for appropriate advocacy activities and supporting our ongoing efforts in influencing key public sector stakeholders supportive of low free sugar food and drink, for the betterment of the low free sugar food and drink industry. Inter-industry co-operation on matters such as tax and tariffs will improve the prospects for this industry, supporting the development of low free sugar food and drink, increasing choices people have and consequently impacting on the incidence of non communicable diseases linked to excess sugar consumption
- Sugar Summits. Invitation to participate and display products at Sugarwise’s Sugar Summits, held at the European Parliament and UK Parliament
- Media Opportunities. These include recipe books, parenting websites, new parent guides, sunday papers etc.
- Social Media Collaboration. Tweets, retweets, competitions, Instagram and Facebook engagement, with the highest level of engagement
- Develop New and Further Strengthen Valuable Partnerships with buyers, government officials and bodies, manufacturers, restaurants, schools and health charities
- Communicate to your customers that your products really are low in or have no free sugars
- Accelerate Sales with Target Audience. Or mitigate any risk to sales in your product category
- Public Relations. Many varied and ongoing PR opportunities as a result of being a Sugarwise certified member, including announcing your certifications and differentiating your products
- Certification – obtain 20% discount on your certification dues
Media, Supporting, Lead, and Founding Membership
These membership classes provide additional benefits, for further information please contact us here: